The Pathways Team of government relations consultants provides the essential connective expertise necessary to keep you in touch with the legislative and regulatory process. They assist in identifying practical solutions to the problems you face and work with you to bring those solutions to reality. Whether the task is regulatory strategy, governmental relations, successful legislation or competitive alternatives, Pathways Government Relations is dedicated to your success. They deliver governmental/regulatory solutions for utilities, industry, trade organizations, business, and associations.
- Maintain contact with the regulatory agencies
- Attend all legislative sessions
- Attend all appropriate Senate and Assembly committee hearings
- Present our client’s position on any legislation to all legislators, including personal contact
- Present our client’s position on any legislation or regulation to the Governor’s staff
- Provide assistance in having legislation drafted
- Arrange meetings with the Governor’s staff
- Maintain contact with the staff of both the Senate and Assembly
- Maintain contact with the Office of Legislative Services
RUSSELL F. BENT, PARTNER
Russ has over 30 years of experience in New Jersey government and legislative affairs. Throughout his career, Mr. Bent has had outstanding success working with governors, legislators, cabinet officers and various departments of government. Without question, Russ is one of the most respected lobbyists in New Jersey. While serving in the United States Marine Corps, Russ received a meritorious commission to second lieutenant rising to the rank of Captain during his ten years of active duty. In addition, Russ had a very successful career in the insurance industry.
PAUL J. BENT, PARTNER
Paul has spent the last five years diligently working on behalf of his clients as a registered legislative agent in the State of New Jersey. Before becoming a top-notch lobbyist, Paul spent several years working for members of the New Jersey State Legislature as a senior research analyst and confidential aide. His major responsibilities were to research, draft and assist in the realization of legislation. His duties also required him to work with the various departments and agencies of State Government. Paul’s knowledge and work-ethic make him a valued member of the SVL Team.